SouthNet, Inc. agrees to provide and the Client agrees to receive access to SouthNet's internet telecommunications network according to the following Terms and Conditions:
- SouthNet exercises no control whatsoever over the content of the information passing through it from the internet. The client should understand that there are no guarantees of accuracy from many sources on the internet, and in some cases, little or no censorship.
- System abuse is strictly prohibited. SouthNet may terminate or modify service immediately and may bill for any resulting support charges if the client engages in system abuse. See the System Abuse Policy for a list of actions which are defined to be system abuse. This list is non-exclusive; any action about which there is any doubt should be referred to SouthNet for evaluation.
- SouthNet access is provided on an "as is, as available" basis. Because of continually increasing traffic, there may be times when connection to a particular site is refused or slow. No warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to those of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are made with respect to SouthNet service or any information or software therein. SouthNet will not be responsible for any damage or loss of income incurred either as a result of using the service or inability to access the service
- SouthNet may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission of any material in violation of any U.S. or state regulation is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material legally judged to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret. Client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless SouthNet from any claims resulting from Clients use of the service which damages Client or another party.
- Any attempt to access or modify unauthorized computer system information or to interfere with normal system operations, whether on the equipment of SouthNet or of any computer system or network that is accessed via SouthNet's service, will result in the immediate suspension of services. These unauthorized activities include, but are not limited to: guessing at or using passwords other than Client's own, accessing information that does not have public access permissions, and accessing any computer system on which Client or the public are not welcome.
- Any access to other networks through SouthNet service must comply with the Acceptable Use Policy for that network.
- Use of any information obtained via SouthNet communication service is at Client's own risk. SouthNet specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through its services.
- The benefits of, or rights conferred by, this Agreement are non-transferable. Use of SouthNet service is expressly limited to the Client whose name appears on the account.
- Service is payable monthly in advance. Accounts may be canceled in writing an any time with no penalty. Service is automatically renewed each month unless canceled by Client. Only a written request to terminate service relieves Client of the obligation to pay the monthly charge. Client and SouthNet jointly agree that all requests to cancel service will be made in writing, or via electronic mail or fax. Service will terminate on the last day of the month prepaid. SouthNet will not refund any prepaid service fees, except for any unused prepaid term service fees. Client agrees that the setup fee in non-refundable.
- If automatic debit from a credit card account is the form of payment, the credit card will debited monthly, within the first five days of the month to cover service for that month, at the "then current" rate. Automatic debits will continue until the Client cancels the service in writing based on the conditions stated in Item #8 above. Client agrees to compensate SouthNet the sum of $24.95 if a credit card debit is canceled without having given proper notice cancellation as required in Item #8 above. The customer will required to notify SouthNet if any information pertaining to the credit card used for automatic debit has changed. If SouthNet has not received notification in a timely manner and the account is turned off due to non-pay the customer will have to pay a reconnection fee as stated below.
- If any account is cancelled due to non-pay there will be a $10.00 reconnect fee plus any old balances.
- SouthNet reserves the right to change the rates and otherwise modify these Terms and Conditions by notifying Clients thirty (30) days in advance of the effective date of the change.
- SouthNet applies a $2 (two dollar) late fee if internet service balance is not paid in full by the 20th of each month.
- SouthNet reserves the right to terminate Client's access to the service upon any breach of this Agreement by Client. Accounts in payment default on the fifteenth day of the month are subject to suspension of service.
- SouthNet is not responsible for any hardware/software failure due to the installation of any internet or related software. If you are unsure as to the number for your local calling area, please contact us and we will provide it. SouthNet assumes no liability, financial or otherwise, for long distance charges accrued due to the use of our service or services that are not provided by SouthNet.
- These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understanding or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with Terms and Conditions of any order submitted.
- Use of SouthNet's service constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
For more information Contact us!
Return to SouthNet's Home Page